Monday, March 5, 2012

Reflexive Thought #6 - What has sprung unto my life now?......

What has sprung unto my life now?.........
Reflectance: in this fair city I am in a state of ...........


It's a Sunday afternoon at the beach in Santa Monica. I just bought a painting from one of the vendors on the Venice Boardwalk. I have been staring at it religiously while sipping my cup of Japanese Cherry ocha - お茶 (Japanese word for Tea folks!) at the Coffee & Bean on the corner 2nd Street & Santa Monica Blvd. In this painting, there is a yellow background with a man in a jumping pose with legs tucked together as he is mid-air in a V-shape as he hold his sombrero with left-hand and his right-hand on his hip. It appears to be a male Flamenco dancer in what the Spaniards considered to be called Duende (a sort of enlightenment or ultra-level in the  moment of the dance). The definition of grace and power is expressed in this painting. This initially grabbed my attention.  I have never seen such mastery and awe in a painting. It's just one of those things we all will experience in our lifetime. The captivation of expression......

I just finished working out at the Old Muscle Beach on the Santa Monica side of the beach. I previously exited the bus on the Venice end of the beach. I don't know the exact distance, but I was breaking a sweat while the sun was glistening it's rays on my brow as I walked the boardwalk from downtown Venice Beach to the Santa Monica Pier. The Old Muscle Beach is yards from the pier; visible in distance. When I got to the Old Muscel Beach spot, I just did a couple of repetition lifts on the parallel bars, on the pull-up bars, and one rope climb. I am still in need of a tune-up in my strength training. I think I will start coming to Santa Monica every weekend to get in this type of work out.This is the extra push I need and I have an excuse to come out here every weekend.

I have plenty of time to strengthen every muscle in my body. I want to be in total coalesce with my body and mind before the next tournament. I want to make a statement for the coming Freestyle/Greco-roman wrestling season; right after the Olympic games. I have plans this summer to get in some technique practice with a friend of mine. I know where I can reach him. He is out in the Valley some where northeast of Long Beach.

As I am writing this blog, I am reflecting on this plateau I am reaching. I am about to graduate from CSULB with a Bachelors' of Arts in Psychology. I have been put through hell to get this degree for time is due. My time is now. The other thing is I am in love. I am actually in love with someone. She exhibits and possess the quality I seek in her woman. I love her independence, her spirit. She seem to have her head on straight. I respect her and adore her femininity its so balanced for she exhibits her animus and her anima in the very essence of her lips and the sway in her merry hips. We are both in the same Japanese class together. Everytime she enters the room she lights up my morning. To see her in class, is one of the things that makes my day.

Their is a possibly I may make a trip to Thailand for the coming Water Festival around April 13-15. I would love to celebrate the Buddhist New Year with other Buddhist in Thailand. As well, I would love to bring this lady with me. Yet, I can't rush the growth of a flower. I want her blossom and concot the nutrients necessary for her to cultivate her natural latitudes and longitudes. She has an ocean of opportunity. I am just glad she came into my life on January 23, 2012. It was the first class of the first day of the Spring semester at CSULB.

From that high note, I feel fresh, relaxed, and inspired. For years, I have sought certain qualities in my self-development as an individual. I still have a long way to go. The journey is solid for I am the lark. Sooner or later, I will glide to another nest. However, I want to detach from this loneliness and attach to companionship. The Buddha teaches us to be compassionate and detached. I am beginning to understand detachment is solely derivative of anti-social or recluse nature, but to seek knowledge from these virtues to further the self  into another venture on the journey.

A matter of fact, next Sunday I may be working with a Capoeira group. This is something I must obtain in my life right now. Expression. I am not looking back. Whatever may still be lurking back there might as well find someone else? I won't be there to be  harassed anymore. I have shed this withering skin and have molded into something more profound. This is what reflexive psychology is about; to take the old and convert it to the new; for one to take recollection, regress upon it and transform into a profoundity of introspection.

The sun is shining again, but this time. I get to see it with tears of joy every morning riding the LBT 96 ZAP line all the way to the CSULB every Monday through Thursday morning. El Quinto Sol. Yo soy EL SOL. Yo soy EL SOL de Budha! Yo soy EL SOL de mio. Yo soy EL SOL de mi amor! This is what the journey is about, the love, the respect, and the..............SO(U)L......................................????

No comments:

Post a Comment